What is General Liability Insurance?
Business General Liability Insurance, also known as general liability (GL) is an insurance that almost every business needs to operate. It protects businesses from claims such as negligence, personal injury, property damage, bodily injury, copyright infringement and others that arise from daily business operations.
What does General Liability Insurance cover?
General liability covers:
- Bodily injuries and property damage claims by a third party as a result of your business operations.
- Personal injury claims such as false arrest, false imprisonment, malicious prosecution, wrongful eviction, slander, libel and violation of privacy.
- Advertising injury claims such as errors or copyright infringements when advertising products or services.
- Medical payment claims when someone is injured on the business premises.
- “Damage to premises rented to you” covers claims for damage to premises rented to you due to fire, lightning or explosion.